Last Week at the MTC

Monday, September 26, 2016


I received an answer to one of my prayers last night. I’ve been really really really freaked out about going to Vietnam. Mostly because it’s something that I have never done before so I really have NO idea what to expect. The weather, language, people, culture, just everything! And the fact that I won’t be able to speak well for a few months made me realize that I am literally going to be depending on my trainor.. Which is just weird to think about. I’ve never struggled with something like this, so I’ve never had to rely on someone to help me find my way around places or help me talk to people. It’s a really scary thing to think about. But last night, during our evening class, we practiced street contacting. Which is way more  nerve wracking than I thought it would be. Anyways, I was practicing with Thay An, and after I finished he helped me evaluate myself. He told me that I was probably scared/nervous because I didn’t want to say something that would turn them away from accepting the gospel - which is way true. But then he said that becasue I still tried to say something and was willing to open my mouth and give it a shot, I was acting on my faith. And when we act on our faith and try to overcome our fears, we invite Heavenly Father to perform miracles through us. I think that statement applies to me going to Vietnam in general. I don’t think I’ve ever been more scared/nervous about something in my life, but I’m hoping that by sticking this out and making it to Vietnam that Heavenly Father will bless me even more and perform miracles through me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Heaven is Pho Real.
Blog design by Labinastudio.