One year ago...

Monday, May 15, 2017

  • Flew to Salt Lake City
  • Got picked up by Lindsay and driven to Provo
  • Went and ate Sushi Burrito for the last time with my BYU friends and...
  • CHECKED INTO THE MTC.
  • It has officially been a year of me being a missionary! Over this past year I have learned so much about the gospel, the Church, and about myself. Life as a missionary has been nothing like what I expected it to be. There are things that I find SO HARD that I never would have thought would be that bad. Almost every time I see myself in a mirror, I just think, "Who would have guessed that you would be living out in Vietnam serving a full-time mission?" I honestly can say I am the LAST person that would have thought I would be serving a mission, and yet, here I am! Just as my mission president's wife always says, "On your mission you will experience the lowest lows and highest highs." That sentence has rung true every day of my mission experience. I have seen and witnessed so many amazing things that have changed my life, and then I have gone through some of the hardest trials that I have ever faced. But all in all, I know with a surety that Jesus Christ is our Savior. He lives, knows us, and loves us. Our Heavenly Father watches over us every single moment of every day, and He knows what's best for us. Being on a full-time mission has confirmed those truths.

    This email will be short because this morning I got to SKYPE WITH MY FAMILY (for the very last time, too). The quote for the week would be this:

    "Oh, Chi Kim Thu, we brought you a jack fruit." - 2 of my favorite members, Co Ha and Lin Da. And when they say "we brought you a jack fruit" they really mean "we brought you a ginormous jack fruit that weighs more than your youngest brother." It was such a fun journey biking back home from church with a giant jack fruit in my basket!! 
    Yes, this would be a jackfruit! (my mom mentioned that they can be also found at Albertsons!)


    6 more months left to go! Thanks to everyone for the prayers, support, emails, and pictures. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Heaven is Pho Real.
    Blog design by Labinastudio.