Một tuần nữa trôi qua

Monday, April 3, 2017

This is the month that I turn 20. This is so weird. I also hit my 11th month mark in a week. That is also so weird.

This week my companion and I saw so many miracles occur.
90 year old woman who sells clothes on the streets of Saigon (Ho Chi Minh city)

It was a very exciting week - full of straight up contacting! We still don't have any investigators, but we have been working SO hard to find people. I know that if we just keep on trying, we will find someone. OUR TIME WILL COME. Chi Phuong and I have been going contacting for a few hours every day and we have meet some crazy, wonderful, awesome, interesting people (to say the least). We've been talking to everyone from lottery card sellers to people in bookstores to people in markets to the guys that try to get you to take a motorcycle ride from them (it sounds creepy but it's basically just like uber). We've had some appointments set up for potential investigators, but we've gotten stood up with almost every appointment. It definitely is disappointing at times, but we both agreed that we can't let those disappoinments shake our faith - we just have to keep going! Miracles definitely come when you just try your hardest and trust in Heavenly Father. Even though not all of the miracles played out as I would have liked them to (aka not getting stood up and having 4 new investigators), it was still a  blessing to be able to meet people in general. This past week I have contacted and invited more than I ever have in my WHOLE life. It's been insane, but it's been fun.

This past April Fools' Day was also the one year mark of when I went through the temple!
Payson Utah Temple 4/1/2016

So crazy that it was a year ago. Being in a mission that doesn't have access to the temple has definitely made my love for it grow even more. Temples truly are the house of God, and inside we can feel His spirit strong than ever. I'll attach a link for those of you that haven't seen a temple yet - take a look, they're the prettiest things ever. https://www.lds.org/church/temples/gallery?lang=eng

If there was one quote for this week, it would be this: "Bảy giờ? Ồ Ba giờ??" (meaning: 7 pm? Oh! 3 pm??) We have been going through lists of less active members in our branch and we able to schedule an appointment with someone for sunday. We invited her to come to church with us and SHE ACTUALLY CAME despite how weird she said it would be. When church ended, I was trying to ask her if we could meet right now (the word for that in vietnamese is bây giờ) but because my pronounciation is still far from perfect, she thought I was asking her to meet at either 7pm or 3pm. Man, I love language barriers.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! If you didn't get a chance to see General Conference (or have no idea what that is) take a look on lds.org. I'll be seeing it next weekend so no one spoil anything for me :)))
Last p-day in Hanoi (3/20/2017) 


Co Hoa and Em Khue's baptism in Hanoi from 3/25/2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heaven is Pho Real.
Blog design by Labinastudio.