Sầu riêng

Monday, September 25, 2017

After all the effort I put in to make up the analogy with durian, it backfired in my face. This past week I was forced to eat during for the first time. But, on the plus side, I now know for sure that I will never ever eat durian ever again because it really is as bad as everyone says it is.

So this week I was asked to go back to my old area to serve with chi Thuy An - she's one of the new sisters who went to the Philippines MTC and chi Chau was her trainer. Chi Chau went out to Hong Kong to renew her Visa, so I came back to helped chi Thuy An out with the Tan Son Nhat area. It was super weird to be back, but also a lot of fun. I was able to see all of our old investigators and the members that I used to go to church with! The best part was that I was able to go to church in Thao Dien as well and see Co Huong and Chi Thanh get confirmed!
Sister in the striped shirt is from Vietnam and served in Cambodia.




Sunday really was the best day of my week, as usual, but this Sunday was extra special! Why? One of our recent converts who was baptized a while ago hasn't been coming to church. It's been really sad and frustrating and we were running out of ideas as to what we can share with her to help her come back to church. She loves reading her scriptures, praying, meeting with the missionaries, but she's never able to come to church on Sundays because of outside pressure from family/boyfriend. BUT, this past Sunday, she came to church and stayed for the whole time!! 


Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need. And most of the time, He knows the things that we need even though we didn't know we needed it! (that sentence makes sense in my head). When I got asked to return to my old area for a week, I didn't think too much about it. To me it wasn't anything special, it would just be a normal week. But Heavenly Father knew how much I needed to come back to this area. Not that I would help anyone any more than the other sisters would, but it was just something that I personally needed. I was able to see some of the investigators and recent converts that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to, I got to witness Co Huong and Chi Thanh get confirmed (which was awesome because I missed their baptism), and I got to be there at church when our recent convert finally came back! Heavenly Father knew that I needed to reunite with all these people, witness these things, one last time before going on to a new area, because He knew how happy it would make me. He knows all things, and He always knows what's best for us - even if we don't realize it!

All in all, this week was a really good, fulfilling week. Thanks for all the emails and updates, as usual!
Mia's birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heaven is Pho Real.
Blog design by Labinastudio.