Bye Bye, Tan Son Nhat

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

I'm off to Quan 6! We got our transfer calls last night, and I'll be serving with chi Thu Hong (AGAIN!!!!) in Quan 6. We'll be training a new missionary together until the 26th of September, and then at that point we'll get a different transfer call to see who will be moving to a different area to train someone else. I'm going to miss the investigators of Tan Son Nhat, and all the members too, but I am excited to see what quan 6 is like. I also feel bad for whoever will get both me and chi Thu Hong as co-trainers.. We'll probably go crazy.

This past week was a good one. Very tiring, but a good week. Our investigator, Co Huong, was back at it again with the random post-lesson comments. This week, after we ended the lesson, she said: "Want to know one of the foods that I learned to love in America? OATMEAL. MMM so good! That is why the Lord wants us to follow the word of wisdom and eat grains. because OATMEAL." She is so stinking cute. I'm going to miss them so much! But lucky me - their baptism day is the day of district conference, so I'll be able to attend and see them get baptized!

Our other star investigator, chi Van, has hit a different kind of problem.. She's ran out of stuff to read! We try to get her some good reading commitments so that she's learning new things, but she's almost done with the Book of Mormom already! She's also read the entire Gospel Principles book.. So we are just about out of ideas!

Church yesterday was such a great time. One of the members in the branch just had her 3rd child, and yesterday the father was able to give the baby a baby blessing! It was such a great experience because those don't happen very often here in Vietnam! To have a whole family in the church, have children born into the covenant, is such a miracle. It was such a great blessing! 

Well, Wednesday night we get to meet our new companions. Our two roommates, chi Tam and Thuy Anh, are both getting sent to Long Bien (that's in Hanoi) so now there will only be 2 sisters living in this current apartment. What does that mean? Freedom. We are going to deep clean the whole apartment and rearrange everything. 

Well, the next time you hear from me I'll be in Quan 6. I hope everyone has a good week!
Our district going back to the MTC

Our new friend, Truc aka Jenny, at English competition

Ba Du, one of the most hilarious members

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heaven is Pho Real.
Blog design by Labinastudio.