15 tháng rồi !!!!!!

Monday, August 14, 2017

Thời gian trôi qua thật nhanh. Con không thích.


This past week I hit my 15th month mark! Crazy.

I've been reading a lot from the book "Jesus the Christ" (which is an AMAZING book!!! I encourage everyone to read it. Just get past the first few chapters or so because those aren't super interesting but after that it gets AWESOME). The other day I read through a chapter that I really loved, which talked a lot about the character of Christ: "Gentle He was, and patient under all affliction, merciful and long-suffering in dealing with contrite sinners, yet stern and inflexible in the presence of hypocrisy, and unsparing in His denunciation of evil-doers." Christ is the most loving, merciful, person to ever walk the earth. But that doesn't mean that He tolerated sins and bad behavior. Christ will always forgive us of our sins if we truly repent, which requires action on our part. He loves us despite the things we do wrong, but He will always expect us to try to do better. And because He expects that of us, He's not going to leave us hanging to figure it out on our own. He will always be there every step of the way, to guide and to encourage. 

And that's just so cool.

This past week was awesome. We had 5 of our investigators come to church, which is awesome, we got a new investigator, which is awesome, and then our other investigator, Van, accepted baptism, which is awesome. 

Monday & Tuesday, chi Chau and I got to go tour some hospitals with Dr. Sellers and his wife (from Hong Kong). It was super fun to go and see all the facilities in the hospitals here in Vietnam. And now I know which hospital has the best/most powerful MRI scan. Valuable information.

The quote for this week would be from my FAVORITE PRIMARY KID EVER, em Nam, 11 years old: "Ồ cảm ơn chị cả, em rất thích kẹo sô cô la!!" Chi Chau and I gave Nam and his sister Suzi hershey kisses the other day, and it TOTALLY made his day. It was so cute to see how happy he got after getting 2 hershey kisses. I will now be asking my mother to send me all the american candy in the world so that I can hand it out to the kids here. 

Thanks for all the updates, pictures, emails!


A typical bike ride in Saigon...Who can find my companion? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heaven is Pho Real.
Blog design by Labinastudio.